KAFASI has the largest volunteer organization in Kenosha County with almost 1,000 volunteers providing services each year.
To enroll to become a volunteer, please complete the volunteer enrollment form.
Volunteer Enrollment Form
The form can be submitted to KAFASI via:
Mail: 7730 Sheridan Road, Kenosha WI 53143
Online: Click submit at bottom of the form
- Meal server: Serves nutritious meals, provides activities and companionship at one of the adult nutrition sites (Mon-Fri, 12-12:15)
- Meal Setup/cleanup: Assist with setting tables, washing dishes, or sweeping and mopping floors at one of the adult nutrition sites (Mon-Fri, 11-1)
- CAMP Activity Assistant: Helps to provide activities and socialization to elderly and disabled adults in a group setting (Wed & Thur, 9:30-12:30)
- Activity Assistant: Help to provide activities and socialization to adults with early stages of Alzheimer's Disease and other related dementias
- Friendly Visitor: Provide homebound elderly with companionship, friendship and other services if needed
Meals on Wheels:
- Hot Meal Deliverer: Pick up meals at local kitchens on a weekdays and delivery to elders in their home (1 hour/week, 11-noon any weekday)
- Frozen Meal Deliverer: Pickup frozen meals at KAFASI office once a week on a weekday and deliver to elders in their home (1 hour/week, any time, any day)
- Work with children: Call to hear about the many opportunities for volunteers over the age of 55 interested in working with children (flexible weekday hours)
- Work with older adults: Call to hear about the many opportunities for volunteers over the age of 55 interested in working with older adults.
- This is a wonderful opportunity to help elderly and disabled adults in our community. If you enjoy driving and helping others, this is a great opportunity! Assignments are very flexible. Drivers use their own vehicle and must have their own insurance coverage. Reimbursement for mileage is provided at 42 cents per mile.
- LEEPS (Language Enriched Exercise Plus Socialization) is a program that matches volunteers to people in the community with dementia or memory loss. LEEPS Volunteers are needed to exercise and accompany participants on social outings. A study has shown that people with Dementia who participate in exercise and social activities experience improved physical fitness and mood. There is training involved and a commitment of 2-4 hours a week.
“It is one of the beautiful compensations of this life
that no one can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson