Stepping on is a well-researched falls prevention program led by a health professional and lay leader. Classes run seven weeks and average 12 participants per class. During the course of this seven weeks, participants will learn valuable skills such as strength training, the do's and dont's of medications and apparel, and what to do when a fall occurs.
Why should I be concerned about falling?
- More than 1/3 of adults 65 or older fall each year
- Among older adults, falls are the leading cause of injury, hospitalization for trauma and death
- 35% of people who fall become less active
Stepping on can benefit anyone who is:
- 65 years or older
- Has had a fall in the last year
- Fearful of falling
- Living at home
- Not suffering from dementia
What you will learn:
- simple and fun balance and strength training
- The role vision plays in keeping your balance
- How medication can contribute to falls
- Ways to stay safe when out and about in your community
- What to look for in safe footwear
- How to check your home for safety
- Learn to step outside your home with confidence
- Become more aware of fall hazards and how fall risk can be reduced
- Learn with people your own age
- Study the most up-to-date information on falls prevention
- Help others by sharing what has worked for you
Register now by clicking here.
Check out a 3 minute Stepping On video here.
For information on upcoming classes, please call: