Volunteer Application Form
If you are ready to begin volunteering, please complete this form.
AmeriCorps Seniors offers various service opportunities for individuals to get involved and make a positive difference in their community, such as mentoring students or delivering meals to the elderly.
Commitments with AmeriCorps Seniors range from a few hours to 40 hours per week, allowing individuals to choose how and when they want to give back according to their needs, ambition, and lifestyle.
Spend time with an elderly, home bound person by visiting them in their home, over the phone, or taking leisurely outings together.
- Help combat loneliness and isolation within our community.
- Participants of this program benefit from the regular social activity and expanded support network, while experiencing improved emotional and physical health.
Foster Parent Respite
Youth ages 14-17 in need of high school service hours are encouraged to provide child care for foster parents in need of respite through this unique opportunity in partnership with Foster Parent Association Board.
Home Repair Program
Provide home maintenance and repair help for those who can’t do it on their own.
- Help elderly and disabled persons live safely in their own homes!
- Help with minor home maintenance and/or repairs such as changing light bulbs, raking leaves, and other home tasks.
- Volunteer hours are flexible – evenings and weekends available!
Meals on Wheels
We are looking for volunteers to help us deliver meals to the elderly in our community.
- In person meal delivery provides regular social interaction and a brief safety check.
- Because pick up and delivery can be done in as little as 1 hour, this opportunity is great for those looking to volunteer over their lunch hour.
- Monday – Friday only.
We are looking for volunteers to set up and serve meals for seniors.
- Meal Server: Serve nutritious meals, coordinate activities, and provide companionship at one of the adult nutrition sites. (Monday-Friday)
- Meal Setup/Cleanup: Assist with setting tables, washing dishes, or sweeping and mopping floors at one of the adult nutrition sites. (Monday-Friday)
We are looking for volunteers to assist seniors and adults with disabilities with local transportation.
- If you enjoy driving and helping others, this is a great opportunity!
- Assignments are very flexible.
- Drivers use their own vehicle and must have their own insurance coverage.
- Reimbursement for mileage is provided at 45 cents per mile.
The latest news and events from KAFASI
May 24, 2023
Although its doors may be closed to visitors from the public, Kenosha Area Family and Aging Services continues to serve the community as staff and volunteers work through building renovations. Years in the planning, the KAFASI office, located at 7730 Sheridan Road, is being updated and expanded to better serve the public. Changes to
May 16, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) has been funded by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to support a just recovery initiative for communities disproportionately impacted by the pandemic, by structural inequities, and for all public health issues. The funding, training, technical assistance, and coaching available as part of the “Mobilizing Communities for
May 5, 2023
On Saturday, April 29th, 2023 KAFASI held its 1st Volunteer recognition event since 2019 when COVID changed the way we interacted with our communities. We welcomed in over 150 of our current volunteers and recognized all both past and present. To our volunteers: You never really know the true impact you have on those